With so much information out there on where to get information or find assistance, we thought we’d share some info that you or a friend or family member might find helpful.
- COVID19 Updates
- Florida Department of Health
- Florida Department of Health Broward
- Florida Department of Health (DOH) Call Center is now available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at 1.866.779.6121 or email your questions to COVIDemail@example.com
- Center for Disease Control
- State Emergency Operations
- World Health Organization
- Food Insecurity
- Feeding South Florida
- SNAP program
- Broward County Public School – Food and Nutrition Services for Students and Families
- Managing Stress & Anxiety
- Center for Disease Control – Managing Stress & Anxiety
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- 211 Broward – Behavioral Health
- National Suicide Prevention
- Text HOME to 741.741 for Crisis Text Line
- Call 1-800-985-5990 or text TalkWithUs to 66-746 for the Disaster Distress Hotline
- Call 1-866-488-7386, text START to 678-678 or click here to chat with the Trevor Project (for LFBTQ youth)
- Call 1-800-799-7233 or text LOVEIS to 22-522 to connect with the National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Health & Wellness
- Broward County Public School – Spring Break (March 23 – 27, 2020) Fee-Based Camps for Students at Broward County Public Schools Sites
- Miami Dade
- Children’s Trust – has extended full-day care to parents whose kids had been enrolled in its after-school programs.
- Unemployment Benefits
The programs and initiatives in the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act that was just passed by Congress are intended to assist nonprofits and small business owners with whatever needs they have right now. The Florida Nonprofit Alliance (FNA) has created a toolkit about the major programs and initiatives that are available from the Small Business Administration (SBA) to address these needs, as well as some additional tax provisions that are outside the scope of SBA.
Along with certain small businesses, private non-profit organizations that are a non-governmental agency or entity that currently have an effective ruling letter from the IRS granting tax exemption under sections 501(c),(d), or (e) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954, or satisfactory evidence from the State that the non-revenue producing organization or entity is a non-profit one organized or doing business under State law, as well as faith-based organizations, are eligible to apply for SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loans.
More information can be found at: https://www.flnonprofits.org/page/COVID19Resources
or by contacting the SBA at:
1-800-659-2955 (TTY: 1-800-877-8339)
The SBA’s COVID-19 Economic Injury Disaster Loan Application can be found here.
Please note that Emergency Order 2020-003 has suspended the imposition of late fees for charities that register with the department. If you are due to renew your registration with the department and need assistance, please call us at 800-HELP-FLA (435-7352 or 800-FL-AYUDA (352-9832).
Check out our local and national grant site for potential funding.