Project: INFINITE-T Program
Turnberry Case Studies:
The INFINITE-T program is the volunteer and corporate giving arm of Turnberry. The INFINITE-T program believes that building communities is so much more than developing a beautiful building, hotel, or space, but that through giving back we can ultimately make these communities even stronger. The INFINITE-T program is designed not only provide meaningful opportunities for employees to give back their time, talent or treasure, but also highlight that we are a community driven business.
The INFINITE-T program will be offering 2-3 company-wide volunteer opportunities throughout the year, as well as 1-2 local events in your community – making it easy for employees to roll up their sleeves in support of local and national causes.
Strategic Philanthropy (SPI) was hired by Turnberry to help build a robust employee volunteerism arm for the INFINITE-T program. We worked with the head of Human Resources as well and the marketing and communication team to buildout an internal portal for employees to be able to access to not only serve as ambassador to the Turnberry brand in the community, but more importantly to serve as a tool to engage fellow associates within their community.
We researched best practices and implementation strategies with local companies that have strong corporate philanthropy departments and initiatives and discussed how we could implement and/or tweak these programs to align with the Turnberry culture.
SPI was able to flesh out the core initiatives that company had put in place to help narrow down the focus of their funding priorities. In addition, SPI built out a robust employee engagement infrastructure that included the following:
- A framework for team captains at local assets/campuses to be able to implement the INFINITE-T program at their facility. This included:
- Committee Structure for associates to volunteer
- Committee Requirements
- Committee volunteer roles
- Budget and Planning Parameters
- Guidelines for Criteria
- An online portal that would engage associates to give back and volunteer by creating an infrastructure for in-kind donations, donating to causes that aligned with their funding priorities, established an employee relief fund and offered skilled-based volunteering.